Event starts at 9am at the Manning Legion Hall with a presentation. After lunch, Dylan Biggs (TK Ranch) will be conducting a live demonstration on the basics of good handling techniques, and delve further into low-stress techniques. Live demonstration will be held just north of Manning (4 miles west off of highway 35). Lunch included.
Live demonstration will include:
- How to think like a cow-understanding why cows do what they do.
- Understanding how our natural instincts can be counterproductive when working with animals.
- The building blocks for training your herd to be manageable, and the basic skills of good handling.
- Where, when and how to pressure the flight zone of a herd or animal.
- Training your herd to drive. Gaining control of the herd direction. Controlling herd speed.
- Coordinating people for a successful move.
- Moving livestock through gates and dealing with obstacles.