Either join us in person for some coffee with your laptop or online to go through and prepare applications for the On-Farm Climate Action Fund that opens up February 13th.
Federal grants, through the Agricultural Climate Solutions On-Farm Climate Action Fund (OFCAF) is available for the expenses of cover crops, nitrogen fertilizer, and rotational grazing
Eligible expenses that you can be paid back up to 85% or $75k include:
– Cover crop seed and cost of seeding
– Nitrogen-loss inhibitors, the cost difference between urea and ESN fertilizer and manure hauling
– New custom perimeter fence around crop land for post-harvest grazing, portable electric fencing equipment and Cross-fencing
– Solar panel powered waterers that support rotational grazing
– Legume seed such as alfalfa, sainfoin, cicer milkvetch, hairy vetch, and birds foot trefoil seed
Funding for this project (in part) has been provided by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada through the Agricultural Climate Solutions – On-Farm Climate Action Fund.
RSVP to learn more about OFCAF funding!!!