Beavers are common in the North Peace Region, however sometimes their building abilities can impact farmers.
On April 25th, join us over your lunch hour (12:00pm MDT) to hear specialists with Cows and Fish present on topics about ecological factors, challenges, solutions, and case studies regarding these ecosystem engineers.
Event is free, just RSVP to receive the zoom link below or contact NPARA at 780-836-3354 or email@example.com
Join us for a free evening webinar on April 13th (7-9pm). Speakers will discuss the latest research on herbicide resistant wild oat. Dr. Shaun Sharpe (AAFC Saskatoon), Nathan Eshpeter (Lead on Wild Oat Action Committee), and Calvin Yoder (Smoky Applied Research and Demonstration Association and Peace River Forage Seed Association) will be presenting.
Intercropping in Western Canada – Webinar Series (2/3)
Challenges and Successes: Producer Experiences – February 10th, 7-9pm
Featuring: Josh Fankhauser (Lamb Farms, Claresholm, AB), Kelly and Christi Friesen (Rebellion Farms, Brownvale, AB), Taylor Snyder.
To register for this event: http://bit.ly/3o0SdDW
Elaine Froese is a professional farm family coach, and specializes in helping families work through the tough issues to take action. She creates a safe place for families to meet, plan for change and clarify expectations. Studies show that farm families who talk regularly are 21% more profitable. Elaine not only assists families to meet and to talk – but to act! The cost of not acting is huge, your business’s legacy depends on your determination to get things done.
Intercropping in Western Canada – Webinar Series (1/3)
Intercropping Impacts on Nutrients and Disease
Featuring Scott Chalmers and Michelle Hubbard
Options for Limited Feed Supplies Over the Winter – Barry Yaremcio (Yaremcio Ag Consulting Ltd.)
- Options for limited feed supplies over the winter.
- Making use of alternate feeds.
- Benefits of liquid molasses on straw bales.
- Discussion on various forms of supplemental protein.
Selecting the best cover crop mix for your farming operation – Kevin Elmy (Cover Crops Canada)
Selecting the best cover crop mixes for your operation.
- Grain and livestock systems.
- Conventional and organic systems.
- Ideal mixes for short growing seasons.
Principles of good stockmanship with Dylan Biggs (TK Ranch), and improving human relationships with David Irvine (The Leader’s Navigator)
- Webinar will start with a presentation by Dylan on stockmanship, and low-stress handling techniques.
- David will apply the principles Dylan showcases through good stockmanship to human relations. Building trust and respect in all relationships.