Trial Name: 2021 CWRS and CPS Wheat Variety Trials
Canada Western Hard Red Spring (CWRS) Wheat
Number of plants per square foot was greater in the CDC SKRush variety while the lowest number of emergent plants per square foot was found in the CS Tracker variety (P≤0.0001). Percentage of moisture content was lower in the Ellerslie variety while higher moisture content was present in SY Torach (P=0.0010). As for yield, the AAC Brandon was the variety that produced the most compared to variety the CS Jake variety which produced the least yield (P=0.0231). Test weight among variables was statistically the same (P=0.0667).
Overall, it can be argued that CS Tracker and CS Jake are the lowest yielding varieties which coincides with them having the lowest number of emergent plants per square meter. SY Torach and CDC SKRush, two varieties with higher moisture content and emergence, respectively, can also be varieties as high yielding as AAC Brandon, as all these three varieties are statistically the same.
Canada Prairie Spring (CPS) Wheat
Moisture and number of plants per squared foot were the same among all varieties. Test weight and yield however, differed as heavier test weights were reported in AAC Foray VB and AAC Goodwin compared to the rest of the varieties (P=0.0161). AAC Goodwin was the highest yielding variety whereas AAC Foray, AAC Penhold and SY Rowyn were the lowest. Generally, AAC Goodwin was the top variety in terms of test weight and yield, with respect to SY Rowyn which underperformed in relation to the rest of the CPS varieties.
- Canada Western Red Spring Wheat (AAC Alida VB, AAC Brandon, AAC Cameron VB, AAC Connery, AAC Elie, AAC Leroy VB, AAC Redberry, AAC Redstar (PT488), AAC Starbuck VB, AAC Viewfield, AAC Wheatland VB, AC Stettler, CDC Go, CDC Landmark VB, CDC Ortona, CDC SKRush, CDC Stanley, CS Jake, CS Tracker, Ellerslie, SY Cast, SY Torach, Thorsby, and Zealand)
- Canada Prairie Spring Wheat (AAC Foray VB, AAC Goodwin, AAC Penhold, CS Accelerate, and SY Rowyn)
- May 16 – RT 540 (0.66 L/ac)
- May 17 – 46-0-0-0 (140 lb/ac) and 13-33-0-15S (100 lb/ac)
- Jun. 14 – Prestige A (0.32 L/ac) and Prestige B (0.81 L/ac)
- Jun. 29 and Jul. 14 – Coragen (0.101 L/ac)