Trial Name: 2021 Oat Variety Trial
Oat varieties were significantly different among each other. While greater number of plants per square foot were found in the CDC Endure variety, CDC SO-1 had the lowest (P=0.0369). As for percentage of moisture content, AAC Douglas, CDC SO-1 and Arborg varieties had less moisture compared to CDC Haymaker (P= 0.0269). OREe3542M and Arborg varieties had the highest test weight compared to the lower test weight found in the CDC Haymaker variety (P=0.0095). Moreover, yield was greater in the Candem variety compared to the AC Morgan variety which was the least yielding (P=0.0130).
In general terms, Candem was the highest yielding variety even though it had the lowest number of emergent plants per square foot and a similar test weight to CDC Haymaker, which had the lightest test weight among all varieties.
- AAC Douglas
- AC Morgan
- CDC Endure
- CDC Haymaker
- CDC SO-1
- May 16 – RT 540 (0.66 L/ac)
- May 17 – 46-0-0-0 (140 lb/ac)
- May 20 – 13-33-0-15S (100 lb/ac)
- Jun. 14 – Prestige A (0.32 L/ac) and Prestige B (0.81 L/ac)
- Jun. 29 and Jul. 14 – Coragen (0.101 L/ac)
- Oct. 01 – Liberty 150 SN (1.4 L/ac)