Trial Name: 2022 Wheat Variety Trials
Emergence between AAC Brandon and CDC Silas was the same (P=0.0015). The other varieties had more emergence compared to the last mentioned but they were the same between each other. Yield (P=0.0641), test weight (P=0.7729), protein (P=0.7756) was the same across all treatments. Overall, differences among wheat varieties had no influence in yield, test weight or protein content.
Emergence (P=0.0687), test weight (P=0.5102) and protein content (P=0.8404) were the same across all CPS varieties. Yield from AAC Foray UVB, AAC Goodwin, CS Accelerate and AAC Crossfield surpassed AAC Penhold by 44, 29, 41 and 37% respectively (P=0.0139). It can be argued that these varieties do provide superior yield, through there is no difference in yield between each other.
- Wheat variety (10 CWRS varieties, 5 CPS varieties)
- May 20 – Heat LQ (59 mL/ac) + Glyph (1 L/ac)
- May 23 – Urea (100 lbs/ac)
- May 24 – S15 (100 lbs/ac)
- June 14 – Esteem (240 mL/ac, 84 mL/ac, 281 mL/ac)